Looking for the Best Vets in Wappingers Falls New York (NY)? Airport Veterinary Center is located in Wappingers Falls, NY, owned by Dr. Jay Weiss. This is definitely one of the best veterinarian offices in all of Dutchess County NY, based on its overall online reviews, ratings, and credentials.
Airport Veterinary Center can act as your pet’s main doctor and will become your pet’s new best friend. Notice that we say, “pets”, and not just a dog or cat doctor.
Dr. Weiss specializes in treating dogs, cats, rodents, birds parrots, mice, hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs, rabbits, hedgehogs and just about any animal that walks the earth.
This New York Vet’s Credentials
Before becoming a vet, Dr. Weiss graduated from Cornell University, then starting Airport Veterinary Center in 1982. This is one of the oldest vets in all of Dutchess County New York. Of a matter of fact, Airport Veterinary Center is one of the oldest veterinarian offices in the Wappingers Falls, Poughkeepsie and Dutchess County area, and has the top credentials.
Not only is Doctor Weiss a vet, but he’s also a pet owner and a devoted family man. Dr. Weiss owns a talking parrot himself, so can fully relate to all animals! His office is warm, personal and full service. Based on his overall online reviews, it appears he is also one of the most compassionate vets in Wappingers Falls.
In a recent interview, Doctor Weiss stated:
“Over the years we have been in practice, we have generally seen the size of our dog patients decrease, and the number of our cat patients decrease. Both reflect national trends. We began in a storefront just up the road from where we are located today. Technology has allowed us to offer blood testing results much faster, sometimes literally in minutes, and safer anesthesia. Pet owners continue to be among the nicest people around, and we are gratified to know many of you as friends and clients, and your pets as patients.”
Here at TrustedCompanyReviews.com, we selected this veterinarian’s office as the top vet in all of Dutchess County New York – and here are a few reasons why:
- Unlike your typical vet, Doctor Weiss uses alternative medicine options to treat pets (AKA: “Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine or TCVM), which is an ancient method of making sense of the interaction between the body and the natural world, and medical physiology based on universal phenomena. Certain theories are applied which, together, define the concepts of health, disease, balance, vital energy. The theory of Yin-Yang, Five Elements, and Qi are the basis on which treatment is formulated, and includes acupuncture, herbal medicine, tui na (massage therapy), food energy.”
- Dr. Weiss will decide on a treatment based on what’s best for your pet, not based on what’s most profitable for his office. If Dr. Weiss can avoid surgery, he will. Some vets know that you love your animal and will do whatever it takes to fix their problem, so these unethical vets will recommend the most expensive option just so that they can maximize their profit. We found that in many cases with Dr. Weiss, he’s done everything possible to avoid having to do surgery, truly utilizing the power of alternative medicine options for animals.
- When compared to other vets in Wappingers Falls NY, this was the only veterinarian’s office that we could find that offered grooming and boarding, laboratory and radiology, alternative medicine options, surgery, and dentistry. This is your one-stop-shop for all of your veterinarian needs.
- After reviewing other review sites including on Facebook, Yelp and Google, we found that Airport Veterinary Center had the best reviews out of any vet in the Wappingers Falls, Poughkeepsie and in all of Dutchess County New York area – with an average rating on all review sites equaling 4.7 out of 5-stars, almost a perfect rating. Amongst these reviews, 57 can be found on Google here: Inside reviews, we found customers that traveled all the way from Pennsylvania just to treat their pet with Dr. Weiss.
- When it comes to compassionate vets, this vet exemplifies everything you want to see in a vet. He will sit with you and go over all of your treatment options in full detail. You can have a friendly conversation with Dr. Weiss, and he will respond with empathy and show deep care for your pet’s well-being. You won’t feel as if you’re talking to a cold wall. More like, you’ll feel as if you’re talking to a new friend. Together, Dr. Weiss and his patients then choose the right treatment option for each situation. Even if his office is closed, if your pet needs to be seen, Dr. Weiss is known to go out of his way and open up his office any time there’s an emergency. Pets to Dr. Weiss are like people, and you can see he truly feels that way as he expresses deep compassion towards animals. He truly looks out for what’s best for your pet.
One patient’s experience with Dr. Weiss prolonged the life of their dog by over two years:
Doctor Weiss used alternative medicine treatment to keep their dog alive (and still living) for over two years longer than expected after their initial vet said the dog only had two months to live due to cancer.
This careful observation of how to treat this dog astounded other vets in the area who witnessed it.
Airport Veterinary Center is Located at:
11 Airport Dr, Wappingers Falls, NY 12590
Closes at 5PM
Monday – Friday
Phone number: (845) 462-6300