This Generac Generator was #1 rated by Trusted Company Reviews based on hundreds of positive reviews online. For the price, $3,687.00, a 13,000-Watt Air-Cooled, Standby Generator with Wi-Fi and 200-Amp Transfer Switch, what a killer deal!
Unfortunately, a product like this sells fast. As of October 7th, 2020, if you ordered this generator today, directly from Generac, they will tell you that there’s a shortage of these generators and you won’t be able to get it delivered until January 2021, at the earliest. Generators are a hot commodity, especially this one and in the midst of a busy hurricane season. You may need to go with a Kohler Generator if you need one right away, these are also very reliable. For $4,049, as an alternative to the Generac Generator, you could order the Kohler 14,000-Watt (LP) / 12000-Watt (NG) Standby Generator with an Automatic Transfer Switch. If you can find the Generac at this price and are willing to wait, it’s your best bet.
Generac, 13,000-Watt Air-Cooled Standby Generator with Wi-Fi and 200-Amp Transfer Switch, is only $3,687.
– Offers whole house (easily a 3-bedroom house) protection with the 200 Amp, NEMA 3R (aluminum outdoor enclosure) smart switch
– 5-year limited warranty
– True Power Technology (delivers best-in-class power quality with less than 5 % total harmonic distortion for clean, smooth operation of sensitive electronics and appliances)
– 24/7 365 customer support team
– Quiet-test self-test mode runs at a lower RPM for a 5-minute or 12-minute test, making generators significantly quieter than other brands while consuming less fuel
– Tough, durable all-aluminum enclosures: our rhino coat powder-coated finish helps make corrosion-resistant aluminum perfect for all weather conditions
– Smart, user-friendly controls Generacs evolution controller features a multi-lingual LCD display that allows users to monitor battery status and track maintenance intervals to ensure your generator is always in top operating condition
Trusted Company Reviews evaluates a company based on a combination of factors, including overall online reviews across the internet. The Generac Generator has the most positive consumer reviews online and is the highest rated amongst electricians. Kohler Generators came in a close second place. As of 2020, with America getting hit with more hurricanes than we’ve seen in a decade, there is actually a shortage right now of Generac Generators, so as a second choice consumers are picking Kohler.
Generac Vs. Kohler Generators
Both Generac and Kohler generators come with an automatic transfer switch. When the electricity goes out, the generator will allow your home’s electricity to keep running automatically. You may not even notice the power went out. Both Generac and Kohler generators also come with a 5-year, 2,000-hour premium warranty and a corrosion-proof enclosure that’s built to last through the toughest weather. If there’s a hurricane storm in the summer, both of these generators will keep your air conditioner running, no problem. As long as you ensure the generator you purchase has a minimum of 11,000 watts.
For the price, here’s the #1 rated Generac Generator:
The price of this Generac, 13,000-Watt Air-Cooled Standby Generator with Wi-Fi and 200-Amp Transfer Switch, is only $3,687.
Make sure to ask your electrician about contacting Central Hudson or the Town, prior to them installing the generator because these generators run off gas, so you’ll need to get the approval to connect it to your existing LP or natural gas fuel supply.
Sometimes it can take weeks of waiting for the town to approve a date. And, you may need a flat area, like a patio to put it on, or possibly it can be laid on cinderblocks. Make sure to explore these details.