A 2024 Ring Security System Review (tried and tested) Searching for reviews on Ring home security systems? This Ring security system review will cover everything you need to know about the company, its products, and the experience you might expect owning them. I...
Table of Contents
Is Cinch Home Warranty a Hidden Hero or Villain? Expert Review with Consumer Complaints
Is Cinch Home Warranty the knight in shining armor your appliances and systems crave, or is it a hidden foe disguised in helpfulness? Home improvement expert Scott Dylan Westerlund, known for his insights on Angi.com, dissects this company’s offerings, reputation, and customer experiences to help you decide.
This Cinch Home Services review delves into Cinch’s:
- Plan options and pricing: Discover the coverage features and costs associated with each plan.
- Customer reviews and complaints: Unveil unbiased insights from actual users, both positive and negative.
- Industry standing: Explore Cinch’s reputation compared to other home warranty providers.
- Potential red flags: Get equipped with knowledge to make an informed decision.
By the end, you’ll have a clear picture of whether Cinch is your home’s hero or a warranty villain to avoid. You may also be interested in seeing if Cinch Home Services ranks on our list of the top home warranty companies.
What’s unique about Cinch Home Services?
Cinch Home Services is one of the country’s leading home warranty companies. Based in Florida, Cinch has been in business for nearly 45 years. More than 1 million customers around the country choose Cinch for home warranties. The company has won dozens of awards for customer service over the years.
Cinch stands out for offering mid-priced warranty plans that pack in lots of coverage. Features like a mobile app, robust workmanship guarantee, and three flexible plan options make this company appealing to homeowners. In this Cinch Home Services review, we’ll cover plan options, pricing, coverage, user reviews, customer service, and more to help you see if Cinch is the right choice for your home.
Customers can choose from three flexible plans.
Plans start at just $30.99.
Great user app makes it easy to manage claims 24/7.
All work is backed by a rare 180-day workmanship guarantee.
Covers systems and appliances with pre-existing conditions as long as they’re unknown.
No coverage in Alaska, California, or Hawaii.
Warranties lack robust options for add-on coverage compared to competitors.
Roof-leak repairs are excluded from all plans.
The Cinch Home Services service call fee is on the higher side. You might pay as much as $150 per call.
Cinch Home Warranty Review: Is it Your Home’s Superhero or Villain?
Cinch Home Services aims to be your one-stop shop for appliance and system worries, offering plans that cover essentials or both. But in today’s dynamic home warranty industry, does it stand out as a hero or villain? How does it stack up against other top home warranty providers, such as Liberty Home Guard or Select Home Warranty? Buckle up for a comprehensive review that dives into features, pricing, and customer experiences to help you decide.
- Multiple Coverage Options: Cater to various needs with Appliance, Built-in Systems, or Complete plans.
- Unlimited Claims: File as many as needed annually within coverage limits, offering peace of mind.
- Deductible Reimbursement: The Complete Plan stands out with up to $500 back on your annual deductible for covered claims, reducing your financial burden.
- Convenient App: Simplify service requests, appointments, and claim tracking with the user-friendly app.
- Qualified Contractors: Licensed, background-checked professionals with general liability insurance provide a sense of security.
- Money-Back Guarantee: Unsatisfied? Get a full refund within 30 days, minimizing risk.
- Limited Availability: Only offered in 47 states, leaving some homeowners without access.
- Coverage Caps: While unlimited claims sound attractive, each item has a $10,000 annual limit, potentially leaving you exposed for bigger repairs.
- Mixed Reviews: A lower BBB rating (B) and online complaints raise concerns about service delays and responsiveness, requiring vigilance.
- Exclusion Excalibur: Like most warranties, Cinch wields an “exclusion Excalibur,” striking down coverage for routine maintenance, pre-existing conditions, and specific items like fireplaces and septic lines. Read the fine print carefully!
- Limited Contractor Visibility: Unclear if you can choose your repair professional, potentially affecting satisfaction.
- Customer Service Conundrum: While initial support is responsive, follow-up can be frustrating with reported wait times, potentially testing your patience.
Cinch Home Warranty Prices:
- Appliance Plan: Starting at $30.99/month
- Built-in Systems Plan: Starting at $35.99/month
- Complete Plan: Starting at $44.99/month
- Add-on coverage available for pools, spas, etc. (additional fees)
Recent Cinch Home Warranty Complaints on the BBB: A Warning to Consumers
While Cinch Home Warranty promises peace of mind with appliance and system coverage, recent complaints on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) paint a concerning picture. Here are some key issues highlighted by customers:
Delays and Communication Issues:
- Multiple complaints detail extended wait times for repairs, with some exceeding two months and customers left without essential appliances like washers and refrigerators.
- Difficulty reaching and communicating with customer service representatives further adds to the frustration.
Unclear Coverage and Denials:
- Some customers report being denied coverage for repairs despite their claim falling within their plan’s listed specifications. Reasons for denial include lack of specific parts availability or claiming the appliance is “too old.”
- Additionally, confusion arises regarding replacement options versus repairs, leaving customers unclear about their rights and frustrated with unexpected financial burdens.
Mixed Service Experiences:
- While some customers mention competent repair technicians, others report dealing with unqualified professionals who misdiagnose issues or leave repairs incomplete.
- One customer received an incorrect replacement appliance, while another was sent a gas dryer instead of an electric one, rendering it unusable.
- In another instance, a customer was left without a working refrigerator for over a week, leading to food spoilage and additional inconveniences.
Beware of Potential Red Flags:
These complaints raise concerns about Cinch’s ability to deliver on its promises. Consider these red flags before purchasing a warranty:
- Limited availability: Cinch is not available in all states, potentially leaving you without coverage if you relocate.
- Mixed customer reviews: While some reviews are positive, the recent BBB complaints highlight ongoing issues.
- Unclear coverage details: Carefully scrutinize the plan details and exclusions to avoid unexpected coverage denials.
- Limited service provider visibility: You may not have a choice in who repairs your appliances, potentially impacting quality and satisfaction.
Remember: A home warranty should provide timely support and clear communication. Consider these recent complaints and compare Cinch with other providers before making your decision.
This information is based on publicly available BBB complaints and does not represent the experience of all Cinch Home Warranty customers. Individual experiences may vary. Always carefully research and compare multiple home warranty providers before making a purchase.
The home warranty industry is experiencing steady growth, with a projected market size of $5.2 billion by 2028.
According to a recent study by HomeServe USA, 74% of homeowners are interested in purchasing a home warranty, citing concerns about rising repair costs and the complexity of modern appliances and systems.
However, customer satisfaction with the industry remains moderate, with only 62% of customers reporting satisfaction with their current provider.
If you’re contemplating trying to find the best home warranty plan for your property, you’ll want to consider the following providers!
- Select Home Warranty: Broader reach, but pricier plans and stricter coverage.
- Choice Home Warranty: Flat $85 service fee, limited plans, excludes key items.
- Liberty Home Guard: Best customer reviews and ratings for customer service.
- California resident? Check out the top CA home warranty companies.
- Virginia resident? Check out the top VA home warranty providers.
Cinch can be a viable option for budget-conscious homeowners seeking basic coverage. Its affordability, unlimited claims, and user-friendly app are appealing. However, limited state availability, potential delays, mixed customer reviews, and coverage limitations warrant careful consideration. Compare it with other providers and assess your specific needs before making a decision. Remember, a hero doesn’t leave you waiting in frustration; it provides timely and reliable assistance when you need it most.
Recommended reviews to help homeowners save money:
- Best Low APR personal loans
- Best credit card debt refinancing
- Save money on taxes
- Find the best money deals with free credit monitoring services
- HomeServe USA, “2023 State of the Home Warranty Industry Report”: https://www.homeserve.com/en-us/home-warranty/
- IBISWorld, “Home Warranty Providers in the US – Market Size 2004–2029”: https://www.ibisworld.com/united-states/market-research-reports/home-warranty-providers-industry/
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Cinch Home Services a ripoff?
Is Cinch Home Services worth it?
Is Cinch Home Services worth it, according to customer comments on Reddit?
Cinch Home Services vs. Landmark Home Warranty – Which plan is best?
How do I buy a home warranty from Cinch Home Services?
How do I file a claim with Cinch Home Services?
How long does it take after a claim is made for a technician to come?
Does Cinch Home Services cover roof leaks?
Does Cinch Home Services cover mold?
Does Cinch Home Services cover water damage?
Does Cinch Home Services cover termites and insects?
Does Cinch Home Services cover theft?
Does Cinch Home Services cover damage from trees?
What additional home warranty coverages are offered by Cinch Home Warranty?
Does Cinch Home Services have customer complaints?
Cinch Home Services Rating
These are the criteria used to rate Cinch Home Services.
|BBB Rating (B)
|Coverage for Essential Components
|Claims Processing Efficiency
This Simplisafe review will cover what you need to know about the company’s home security products, services, and background. We touch on its installation procedures, including that it offers both DIY and professional options, and we talk about the SimpliSafe app,...
It's not surprising to feel overwhelmed by student loan questions. Heading off to higher education is one thing. Dealing with the financial challenges can be a whole new set of challenges. Navigating the world of student loans can be daunting for first-time and even...
Overall, Liberty Home Guard offers top-rated service with its affordable and comprehensive home warranty plans. Detailed Comparison of American Home Shield vs. Liberty Home Guard AHS vs Liberty American Home Shield Liberty Home Guard Monthly Price $29.99 to $69.99...
Best Egg Loan Reviews Vs. SoFi Personal Loan Reviews Examining Best Egg loan reviews Vs. SoFi personal loan reviews reveals two similar approaches to online lending from two very different types of companies. Where SoFi offers full online banking services and lending,...
The primary difference between a personal loan and a debt consolidation loan has little to do with the loan itself and more to do with how consumers use the funding. The application processes can differ slightly in that when consolidating debt, it's wise to account...
How to Correctly Fit Hearing Aids Properly fitted hearing aids can significantly improve sound quality, enhance comfort, and optimize the efficiency of your hearing devices. This is particularly crucial for seniors with tinnitus, as correctly fitted hearing aids can...
Welcome to our comprehensive showdown between Medical Guardian and Life Alert – two titans in the world of medical alert systems. If you're seeking the ultimate safeguard for your loved ones or yourself, you're in the right place. We're about to dive deep into this...
You've heard it said that we'll spend somewhere around a third of our lives in bed—And the math works out. While we're mostly awake for life's larger portions, taking care of ourselves all the time is essential—Not just the two-thirds we remember best. Learning how to...
Happy Head vs. Hims vs. Keeps: What is the best product to regrow hair? Are you ready to stop hair loss and regrow a thick head of hair? Happy Head, Hims, and Keeps offer effective hair loss and regrowth treatments for men and women. Harnessing the power of...
Which is Better?: Identity Guard Vs. LifeLock At first, an Identity Guard vs. LifeLock comparison may look like a toss-up. Both companies have been in the game longer than most, and both offer solid identity theft protections and plans with variable coverages to allow...
How does Experian compare to Credit Karma? While there are numerous prominent credit monitoring companies, choosing one over another as the best depends mainly on your preferences and needs as a consumer. Credit Karma versus Experian is always a hot topic, as the two...