Happy Head vs. Hims vs. Keeps: What is the best product to regrow hair?
Harnessing the power of FDA-approved hair loss medications like finasteride and minoxidil, these companies have established themselves as frontrunners in the battle against receding hairlines. All three companies made the list for the top 5 Best Hair Loss Treatments and Top Hair Growth Vitamins for 2023.
In addition to topical solutions, these companies offer a range of hair loss treatments, including shampoos, pills, and serums. Regrowing your hair can become your new reality; it’s just a matter of choosing the best product, and the following blog post is designed to help you figure it out.
While natural remedies like vitamins A, E, biotin, curcumin, turmeric, and iron can promote hair growth, they may not be enough to combat hair loss caused by hormonal imbalances, genetics, or underlying medical conditions.
In the following review of Keeps, Happy Head, and Hims, we’ll compare each company’s products side-by-side. Customer reviews, complaints, and prices will be closely analyzed.
A Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis to Find the Best Hair Loss Treatment
To comprehensively assess hair loss treatments, we employed a dual approach, combining quantitative and qualitative analyses. For the quantitative aspect, we sought the expertise of a medical professional and a licensed pharmacist to evaluate the chemical components of these products, their efficacy, and potential risks and side effects associated with each treatment.
Complementing this quantitative assessment, we adopted a qualitative approach. We meticulously scrutinized customer reviews from various online sources, including Reddit, to gather firsthand customer experiences with Happy Head, Hims, and Keeps. This qualitative analysis provided valuable insights into customer satisfaction, treatment effectiveness, and overall experiences with these hair loss solutions.
Our Top Pick: Keeps
After thorough research and evaluation, our licensed pharmacist and hair loss specialist, Randall Higgins, has identified Keeps as the best hair loss treatment on the market for 2023.
- FDA-approved and clinically proven to work (as shown in the pictures below from Keeps customers)
- Keeps is less expensive than Happy Head and Hims.
- You get a free online consultation with a licensed medical provider to help you select the right treatment plan.
- Keeps delivers your hair loss treatment directly to your house every month.
- Cancel at any time if at all dissatisfied.
- Try Keeps hair loss treatment for FREE and get a 33% to 60% discount following your trial.
- Keeps offers a variety of options to choose from, including hair-thickening shampoo, conditioner, minoxidil foam, pills, and gels.
Best prices, discounts, and customer reviews:
Keeps offers affordable treatments that are highly effective and have exceptional customer reviews. They are currently offering a 50% discount for new customers!
Choose from a variety of treatments:
Keeps offers a wide range of hair loss treatments, including Finasteride and Minoxidil Foam (5%), hair thickening shampoo, hair transplants, and platelet-rich plasma (PRP) treatments.
Get personalized treatment from a medical expert for FREE:
A licensed medical provider will consult with you about your situation and help personalize the right treatment plan for free.
Easy to start with a telemedicine appointment and cancel any time:
Getting started with Keeps is simple. You can set up a doctor’s appointment through their telemedicine service.
Once your treatment plan is confirmed, your medication will be delivered directly to your house, all for much less than you would pay at a pharmacy.
Keeps offers a natural hair-thickening pomade:
Keeps’ natural hair-thickening pomade helps thinning hair appear thicker. It includes biotin, caffeine, green tea, and saw palmetto.
Customers can use this pomade as part of their overall treatment plan. Read more about Keeps’ hair thickening pomade.
Keeps is the clear winner in our hair loss treatment comparison. They offer the best combination of affordability, effectiveness, customer satisfaction, and personalized care.
Keeps has a 90% success rate and works in 4-6 months:
Keeps’ FDA-approved products have a 90% success rate in treating hair loss, and customers often see results in as quick as 4-6 months.
Your Free Guide to the 5 Best Hair Loss Treatments and Hair Growth Vitamins for 2023
Happy Head vs. Hims vs. Keeps Reviews, Ratings, Complaints and Prices:
Keeps: Before and After Pictures
This picture illustrates a man who has experienced hair loss on the top of his head, as evidenced by his receding hairline. However, within eight months, his hair has noticeably grown thicker and fuller, with no visible traces of a receding hairline.
Receding Hairline Before Keeps Hair Loss Treatment Started:
Key features of Keeps:
- Product Range: Keeps offers FDA-approved medications like finasteride and minoxidil in both topical and oral forms. They also provide a ketoconazole shampoo for dandruff and itchiness.
- Prescription Services: Like Hims, Keeps connects you with licensed medical providers who can prescribe medications based on your needs.
- Subscription Model: Keeps is known for its competitive pricing, making it an attractive option for cost-effective solutions.
- Cost-Effective: For a detailed breakdown of Keeps hair loss treatment prices, visit this page next.
Keeps Finasteride & Minoxidil Combo Cost: $30 Per Month
Happy Head: Before and After Pictures
Here’s a before and after picture taken by a Happy Head customer. The top image was after six months of treatment.
Before Happy Head Treatment:
5 Months After Happy Head Treatments:
Happy Head is a relatively new entrant in the hair loss treatment arena, and it has gained attention for its unique approach.
Key features of Happy Head:
- Product Range: Happy Head offers a range of products, including shampoos, serums, and supplements, designed to promote hair growth and improve hair health.
- Ingredients: Their products are formulated with natural ingredients like biotin, caffeine, and saw palmetto, which are believed to have hair-strengthening properties.
- Customer Reviews: Users have reported positive experiences with Happy Head, particularly regarding improved hair texture and reduced hair fall.
- Price: Happy Head’s products are relatively affordable compared to some other brands on the market. Click Here to View a Detailed Breakdown of Happy Head Prices.
Happy Head’s Finasteride & Minoxidil Combo Cost: $79 Per Month
Hims: Before and After Pictures
Here’s a before and after picture taken by a Hims customer. The picture on the right was taken after five months of treatment.
Hims is a well-established player in the hair loss industry, offering a comprehensive range of products and services.
Key features of Hims:
- Product Range: Hims provides many products, including prescription medications like Finasteride and Minoxidil and over-the-counter options such as shampoos and gummies.
- Prescription Services: Hims connects you with licensed medical professionals who can evaluate your condition and prescribe medications if needed, making it a convenient option for those seeking prescription-based treatments.
- Customized Plans: They offer personalized hair care plans tailored to your needs, ensuring you receive a holistic approach to addressing your hair loss.
- Price: Hims’ pricing can vary depending on the products and services you select, but their transparent pricing model makes it easy to understand the costs. Check out the full review on Hims.
Hims Finasteride and Minoxidil Price: $35 Per Month
Compare Prices: Happy Head vs. Hims vs. Keeps
When comparing apples to apples for each hair loss treatment, Keeps appears to be the cheapest of the products at $30 per Month on average.
While Happy Head is more expensive at $79 per Month, it also includes Vitamin D.
Happy Head’s Capsule vs. Keeps’ Topical Gel vs. Hims’ Spray
The other observation you may have is that Happy Heads treatment is a capsule, while Keeps is a topical gel and Hims is a spray.
Is Finasteride Better Than Minoxidil?
Taking minoxidil and finasteride together can produce a more potent formula to help treat hair loss and regrow hair to appear thick and healthy.
What medical studies show about hair loss treatments:
According to a study that you can find in the National Library of Medicine (NIH), minoxidil and finasteride work together to target the two leading causes of AGA: DHT and decreased blood flow to the scalp.
Finasteride reduces the production of DHT, which prevents the hair follicles from miniaturizing. Minoxidil vasodilates the blood vessels in the scalp, which increases blood flow and nutrient delivery to the hair follicles.
This study investigated the efficacy of a topical combination of minoxidil and finasteride in maintaining hair density after initial improvement with oral finasteride. The study included 50 men with AGA treated with oral finasteride for two years. The men were then switched to topical minoxidil fortified with finasteride.
The study showed that 84.44% of the men maintained their hair density after switching to topical minoxidil and finasteride. The remaining 15.56% of the men experienced a slight decline in hair density. However, all five men who had discontinued treatment for 8-12 months experienced a good improvement in hair density after restarting treatment with topical minoxidil and finasteride.
The study concluded that combining topical minoxidil and finasteride is an effective treatment for maintaining hair density after initial improvement with oral finasteride. It is also well-tolerated and has good patient compliance.
Keeps, Happy Head, and Hims: How are they different?
Happy Head, Hims, and Keeps are all telehealth companies that offer hair loss treatments. They all offer similar products and services, but there are some key differences to consider when choosing between them. For example, their prices differ. Also, each company’s treatments come in different forms: capsule, topical gel, or spray.
The first step is to understand what caused your hair loss.
Hims vs. Keeps vs. Happy Head Reddit Reviews
Customers of leading products and services often turn to Reddit.
“Hims vs. Keeps vs. Happy Head – Topical Fin comparison” is the topic of a recent discussion on Reddit. These are your purest form of unbiased reviews, with customers talking openly and freely about the leading and best hair loss treatments.
Well, what are they saying?
Summary of Reddit Reviews on Happy Head vs. Hims vs. Keeps
- Hims offers a combination of 0.3% Finasteride and 6% Minoxidil for $50 per month. This is the highest concentration of Finasteride among the three options.
- Keeps provides a topical solution with 0.25% Finasteride and 5% Minoxidil at $60 per month, with a discounted rate of $30 per month for the first three months.
- Happy Head offers a topical solution with 0.25% Finasteride and 5% Minoxidil for $70 per month, with an initial month priced at $0-$35.
- You can personalize hair loss treatments: Several Reddit Happy Head reviews mention they prefer Happy Head because it allows for customization, and you can request a lower concentration of Finasteride, such as 0.025%, which might be closer to the concentration used in clinical studies.
- DIY hair loss treatments: There is a discussion about making your own topical DIY Finasteride solution using generic pills, alcohol, propylene glycol, and distilled water. This approach can be cost-effective and allows for customization.
- Oral vs. topical hair loss treatments: Reddit users share their experiences switching from oral Finasteride to topical solutions. Some report fewer side effects with topicals, while others have no issues with oral Finasteride.
- Scale DHT levels: There are studies indicating that topical Finasteride can effectively reduce scalp DHT levels, potentially with fewer systemic side effects.
- Side Effects: Reddit users also discuss the concentration of Finasteride in the solutions, with users suggesting that lower concentrations may be effective while potentially reducing the risk of side effects.
- Flaking and Scalp Irritation: Some Reddit users express concern about the flaking and scalp irritation caused by topical solutions.
Ultimately, the choice between Hims, Keeps, Happy Head or other topical Finasteride products may come from personal preferences, pricing, and the desire for customization.
Understanding Minoxidil & Finasteride When Combined
Finasteride is a medication that inhibits type II 5α-reductase, thereby reducing the production of DHT. It is an effective treatment for AGA, but it can cause side effects such as erectile dysfunction and decreased libido in some men.
Minoxidil is another medication that is used to treat AGA. It works by vasodilating the blood vessels in the scalp, which increases blood flow and nutrient delivery to the hair follicles.
Let’s start with a review of each company’s credentials, which includes BBB (Better Business Bureau) ratings, customer reviews and complaints, and a price comparison. Customer reviews indicate the level of satisfaction that customers have received from each product and the level of customer service that customers receive. We’re also looking for the best prices for hair loss treatments.
Happy Head vs. Hims vs. Keeps BBB:
- Happy Head has a B+ rating with an average customer review score of 3 out of 5 stars based on 12 customer reviews.
- On the other hand, Hims holds an impressive A+ BBB rating with 1,381 reviews and an average customer review rating of 4 out of 5 stars.
- Keeps has an A+ BBB rating, with 54 BBB reviews and an average rating of 1 out of 5 stars.
Happy Head vs. Hims vs. Keeps Reputation:
Regarding reputation, Hims emerges as the frontrunner, with the highest customer review rating of 4/5, and also leading in terms of years in business, with nine years compared to Happy Head’s four years and Keeps’ 7 years.
Hims, Keeps, and Happy are all BBB accredited. All three are reputable companies! Their products are legit and do work.
Happy Head vs. Hims vs. Keeps Complaints
Regarding complaints, Hims does have the highest number of complaints, with 290 BBB complaints. However, Hims may just be the larger of the three companies. Size matters when it comes to complaints because they should be measured as a ratio of total complaints to total satisfied customers.
At the BBB, the Hims profile is combined with Hims and Hers Inc. Hair loss treatments for men and women are provided with Hims, so there is likely a much larger base of customers, which will naturally result in more complaints. Also, Hims offers a lot more than just hair loss treatments. Hims provides anxiety and depression medicine, early climax, and skin care treatments.
Look at the nature of the complaints and how the company responded. That’s what matters. Many of the complaints against Hims are billing-related, and Hims customer service always responds in an attempt to resolve an issue, which is worth noting.
Keeps has 73 complaints at the BBB, most of which concern billing. Customers have complained of difficulty canceling their Keeps subscription and wanting a refund.
“We didn’t find any reviews specifically mentioning side effects from finasteride, but in general, taking finasteride by mouth may lead to issues with erectile dysfunction and loss of libido in a small percentage of men (2-4%).”Read Full Review on Keeps Hair Loss Treatments
Happy Head Complaints
Happy Head has the lowest number of BBB complaints. However, Happy Head is also the newest of the three companies in business, having been in business for under five years. Like Hims and Keeps, Happy Head customer complaints mainly concern billing-related matters and having difficulty canceling the plan.
A few negative Reddit reviews on Happy Head talk about how their products are more expensive than other leading brands. Happy Head also offers “stronger strengths of topical finasteride and minoxidil than elsewhere.”Read Full Happy Head Review
We’re not finding any complaints against these companies alleging their products do not work.
When you have a question or need to schedule a doctor’s appointment, you must know that you can easily reach someone in customer service.
And if an issue arises with your purchase, you’ll want the company to address it promptly and, if needed, provide a refund.
Causes of Hair Loss in Men & Women
Hair loss can occur due to various reasons, including genetics, hormones, stress, and age. Different people may require different approaches to address their hair loss effectively.
Therefore, the first step is to identify the cause and type of hair loss you’re experiencing.
Is your hair loss based on genetics?
Did Covid cause your hair to fall out?
Radiation, stress, or a vitamin deficiency could also be the cause.
However, there is a much more common trigger for hair loss than any of these other points mentioned.
The Most Common Cause of Hair Loss
Androgenetic alopecia (AGA) is the most common form of hair loss in men and women. It is caused by converting testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) by the enzyme 5α-reductase. DHT binds to hair follicles and causes them to miniaturize, resulting in hair loss.
To help you find the most effective hair loss treatment and for us to do an apples-to-apples comparison of Keeps, Happy Head, and Hims hair loss treatments, we will focus on treatments that include a combination of Minoxidil and Finasteride.
If you’re unfamiliar with what these two compounds are and how they work to promote hair growth and stop hair loss, take the time to read the explanations below.
Happy Head vs. Hims Alternatives
If you are not a good candidate for Keeps or if you are looking for a different type of hair loss treatment, Happy Head and Hims offer alternatives.
Regrow Hair Naturally with Happy Head
Happy Head offers a variety of natural hair loss treatments, including shampoos, conditioners, and serums.
Happy Head products are formulated with ingredients such as biotin, saw palmetto, and caffeine, which are believed to promote hair growth.
Hims OTC Hair Loss Treatments
Hims offers a variety of prescription and over-the-counter hair loss treatments, including finasteride, minoxidil, and ketoconazole shampoo.
Hims also offers a variety of other health and wellness products for men that Happy Head and Keeps may not have available.